Monday, April 27, 2009

Lemon Cake

Ok I got this recipe from My Kitchen cafe.  I made them into cupcakes for a young men/young women activity and they were quite the hit.  I love sweet lemon and the icing on this cake is to die for.  It is a must try recipe. 

1 pkg. lemon cake mix
1 c. sour cream
3/4 c. oil
3/4 c. water
4 eggs
1 small package lemon instant pudding

Mix dry ingredients.  Add wet ingredients.  Mix on medium speed for about 2 minutes.  Pour into 9x13 pan or two round pans.  Bake at 350 degrees 25-30 minutes or cupcakes 20 minutes.  (if you make cupcakes they will fall but it is normal)

Frosting:

1 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. lemon juice
1 tsp. grated lemon zest
6-8 c. powder sugar

Place butter in bowl.  Add 4 c. sugar then juice and zest.  Gradually add remaining sugar 1 c. at a time until icing is thick enough to spread.  

No comments: